Six Over-rated Fitness Items
This title may be a bit misleading. Let’s say six fitness items about which I don’t understand the hype (very possibly because I haven’t used them…but don’t see a reason to try). I started out with ten to match this post from a couple weeks ago about the Top Ten Fitness Items but I couldn’t come up with more than this. I’m sure they exist, I just don’t know what they are!
- Compression anything. I’ve never had the urge to try compression…it seems like a solution to a problem I don’t have.
- Gatorade. Okay, I understand why Gatorade is important. I just don’t like it. I do force myself to drink it on really long runs in the summer but I water it down.
- Protein powder. Just eat real food. Why do you need it in powder form? Hard boil some eggs, grab some cheese, eat an avocado. There are plenty of quick, easy ways to get protein.
- A scale. Not really a fitness gadget but I have no idea how much I weigh. The last time I remember being weighed was in the summer of 2013 at a doctor appointment. My weight at that time put me very high in the overweight category, almost obese. I decided then that weight is a terrible measure of just about anything.
- Coconut water. I used to drink this but it’s gross. Now I just make sure to hydrate and eat well to get the electrolytes, etc from other sources.
- Muscle floss. I don’t even really know what this is. I just know that people rave about it. Every time I try to figure it out, I just get confused.
I’m sure many people could go on and on about why some of these are essential to their routine, but for me they all just seem unnecessary.