couches, family, commencement, bike ride, oh boy!
Boy oh boy has it been a busy couple weeks! Every day I think “I need to post” and it just hasn’t happened.
Here are some highlights:
- We got new furniture! Emily and I made a pretty good team of dividing and conquering responsibilities one night — we somehow managed to pick up caps and gowns, grocery shop, clean the apartment and pick up the couch. (Hint: I was responsible one of those things, hooray for great roommates…)
- Emily’s mom, my mom and August came to celebrate graduation. Emily is now a Master. I will one day in the not so distant future be a Master.
- Commencement was followed by an awesome dinner at Founding Farmers with lots of great people.
- And then we came home and had champagne and I fell asleep on the couch while the others continued being awesome. Sorry, no photos of me sleeping (that I’m aware of).
- Sunday started off with an “easy does it brunch.” To be clear: this is not an easy brunch. But it was awesome. Thanks, Katya, for making one of these dishes before and for sharing the recipe.
- Then we enjoyed it on the porch with mimosas and mothers. It was mothers’ day after all.
- In the afternoon, my mom and I set out on a bike ride through the park. It was a great day and there were lots of people out.
- Then we ate more cake.